Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Being Camped...Around the clock...

Dear Moo;

I'm a pirate. I like being a pirate. I get to walk back and forth on the same path, and sometimes I get to stand by a tent near Ratchet.

Its an exciting life for sure!

Lately, I'm having this problem. I keep getting camped by Level 80s. I mean seriously...level 80's, and some of them in heroic ICC gear. What the hell is wrong with these guys?! They run back and forth one shotting me and my friends. I rez, 30 seconds later, I'm dead! Is there an epidemic of insecurity amongst 80's that they have to boost their egos slaughtering us??

They do this for hours!! I haven't eaten in days! There's no time to eat!

Was it something I did? Something I said?

Is there some way I can get these rejects to leave us alone?!

Sincerly... er, I mean ARRRR Matey

Southsea Sarah



Dear Sarah;

You know, for someone whose supposed to be evil and the scourge of the seas you whine an awful lot.

Here's the problem. Its not the 80's grinding through you mercilessly...its you, and your pirate friends.

To avoid being ganked over and over again, there is are two things you can try to increase your lifespan.

Running Away. This tactic is moderately effective. You can increase its effectiveness by not rezzing when there are any player characters around, then rezzing quickly and running into the hills. You can further increase its effectiveness by not telling your friends. Let them act as yummy, distracting fodder while you flee.

The second is Hiding. This can lead to mixed results. Stand behind a tree or far up a hill. The 80's are well into their killing trance and won't look to hard for strays. You could always try hiding in a tent as well. No one bothers to look there when everyone is just standing around in plain sight.

That being said, you could look upon your many deaths as doing a great service to your fellow pirates in other locations. After all you're so easy to kill that no one bothers with the pirates in other locations. Oh hey, here's an idea. Try levelling up....stop being so frickin lazy!

It occurs to me that maybe Cheesybeards is hiring...I'm pretty sure 80's stay away from that place.

Love,
Moo

No comments:

Post a Comment