Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hate Magnet....

Hi Moo;

I really need your help.

I need gear really bad, so I started putting together ICC raids to get it.

I am very particular with who I take. If you don't have good enough gear, I won't take you.

That's good right? I mean I don't want to fail, so I work to keep the best group possible.

Whenever I start advertising in /trade everyone starts making fun of me! People are upset that I turn them down because they haven't got gear off of the second wing, pointing out that I have Naxx gear on...but Moo...its Naxx 25!!

Besides, I'm not doing it so *they* can get gear, I'm doing it so I can get gear! I mean really....if they need gear let them put together their own raids!

So it's only gotten worse this past week! I begrudgingly accepted a DK tank who was just below my minimum gearscore (but she did point out that she was 800 points ahead of me). I'm a DK, so ya know, I thought there was a connection.

So you know, because we're DK's and sort of like bro's (except she's a girl), I figured she'd understand me replacing her with a pally tank that came on after we got Lady Deathwhisper down.

I don't get it. I did her a favour letting her do those 2 bosses with us...that's 4 frost badges.

She freaks out! She gets all religious on me ranting about how now she's saved...and Moo, I'm not a very religious guy, but I think people who've been saved don't use language like she was using.

It seems everytime I run a raid, it falls apart, and I just get more and more gnerdrage in trade channel.

Any advice

Signed
/trade channel hate magnet



Dear Magnet;

People now a days, eh?

I mean really, you have to go by gearscore now a days as skill isn't so important as to who might be rolling against you on gear. So, your gs is 4.8, don't take anyone below 5.4, because they might compete with you for gear.

That is completely reasonable.

And the DK you raid kicked because someone better came along. Completely understandable. I think it was awful selfish of her to spout of at you because you decided that a pally tank might not roll against you for gear...er, ummm, was better. She should've been thinking of you and the 8 other strangers in the raid and just left quietly.

I kid of course (so put your angry anti-Moo posters away).

I kind of feel sorry for you. All your life you've been carried and now you expect people in game do it for you.
You're like the guy they hand the clipboard to, give you a spot to stand and a special hat to wear. They make you feel important, your name is on the team roster and picture when they win....but you didn't do a damn thing to get them there.

Of course your motivation behind all this is clear. You don't don't give a damn about running ICC. This is about revenge.

You got turned down from so many raids because of your Naxx gear that something in your brain broke. You've gone mad from rejection and have found a way to get your revenge...

So you start your own ICC groups and play grand marshal saying yay or nay. Accepting, shifting and removing people at whim.....without actually ever going to ICC.

This way you get to power trip, ruin people's night by making sure they don't get into a raid that's actually going to ICC, then being so fussy that after a couple of hours you have to say, "Sorry, it looks like this isn't happening".

Of course you seem to forget that people have memories in game, and will start mocking you whenever you pop on trade.

This is a good case of what goes around, comes around. You screw over enough people, they're going to call you out.

My advice...change names, change servers, change games. But whatever you do remember that people don't play this game for you, they play for themselves, but many of them...unlike you, aren't so selfish to play games like this.

Love,
Moo




No comments:

Post a Comment